24-5768-SPR- Assistive Technology for Students who are Blind/Visually Impaired
Assistive Technology for Students who are Blind/Visually Impaired - Online Workshop
For Primary and Post-Primary Teachers and SNAs.
Course delivered by Deirdre Madden - Assisive Technology Outreach Coordinator for UCC Disability Support Service.
What will I learn?
· What is assistive technology (AT).
· Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology..
· About resources for students to learn or improve touch-typing skills.
· About Dragon Naturally Speaking – you talk, it types what you say and on free alternatives.
· About free screen magnification and alteration options for the iPad and Windows.
· About magnification options for magnifying electronic and hard copies of text (incl. Zoomtext, Optiverso, Eclipse, Liberty Scholar.)
· About a variety of scanning, OCR, typing and other useful apps.
· About screen reading software (incl. JAWS and VoiceOver) and text to speech software
· How to get access to alternative learning materials and texts ( electronic, audio, large print, Braille)
· About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route)
If you wish to cancel your place you can do so by clicking on the cancellation link at the bottom of your booking confirmation email. Course fees, if applicable, will only be refunded if you cancel 72 hours before the date and start time of the course. When you register for a course, you agree to these terms.
|Course Start Date / Time
|07-03-2024 4:00 pm
|Course End Date / Time
|07-03-2024 6:00 pm