24-5767-SPR -Assistive Technology for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Introduction to Assistive Technology for Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Course delivered by Deirdre Madden - Assisive Technology Outreach Coordinator for UCC Disability Support Service.
For Primary and Post Primary Teachers and SNAs.
What will I learn?
· What is assistive technology (AT).
· Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology.
· To use literacy support software for students with language difficulties
· About thesaurus, vocabulary lists, picture dictionaries and other tools to enhance vocabulary.
· About using mindmaps for more visual student to:
- plan their written work – essays, projects etc.
- make their notes, study and revise.
- teach these students with more visual materials
· About features in iPads and on Windows to support need of students who are deaf/hard of hearing
· About students using assisted listening systems in the classroom and tips for teachers/SNAs on same.
· About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route)
If you wish to cancel your place you can do so by clicking on the cancellation link at the bottom of your booking confirmation email. Course fees, if applicable, will only be refunded if you cancel 72 hours before the date and start time of the course. When you register for a course, you agree to these terms.
|Course Start Date / Time
|22-02-2024 4:00 pm
|Course End Date / Time
|22-02-2024 6:00 pm
|Cut off date
|22-02-2024 1:55 pm