This course is suitable for Primary and Post Primary Principals and Teachers.
The presentation on MyOn and Accelerated Reader will outline how schools across Ireland are using the resources currently and will cover the main features of both MyOn and Accelerated Reader.
· Access to 5500 new digital books with these titles available anywhere, anytime on any device including a mobile phone.
· Unlimited access to all books in a Covid-friendly environment. No danger of infection transfer.
· A mixture of fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels.
· Topic related: Many books are subject related topics across the curriculum.
· Whole school use: Books are available for the entire school and in all locations
· Projects can be set for the children to complete based around a topic/books selected by the teacher. Homework tasks can also be set.
· Opportunities to use MyON as a virtual learning environment. Many projects are pre-made by teachers and can be easily shared.
· Feedback: The teacher can comment on the children’s work and there are opportunities for peer assessment.
· Extended Schools: Reports are available to measure reading in and out of school etc.
· Connects with Accelerated Reader for comprehension assessment, monitor and track progress ensure all pupils are reading at an age-appropriate level
· Ensures that pupils have sufficient challenge in their reading
· all pupil reading and comprehension data stored in easy to read and access spreadsheets
A link will be emailed to you prior to the meeting.
If you wish to cancel your place you can do so by clicking on the cancellation link at the bottom of your booking confirmation email.
|Course Start Date / Time||09-03-2021 4:30 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||09-03-2021 5:30 pm|
|Cut off date||08-03-2021 10:00 am|