Assistive Technology for students with difficulties with reading and/or writing difficulties and planning and organising
COURSE FULL - ADD YOUR NAME TO THE WAIT LIST AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH A NEW DATE
This is aimed at secondary school students with specific learning difficulties that make reading and/or writing difficult (including dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD, dysgraphia).
5th and 6th class students are also welcome but must be accompanied on the training by a parent/guardian.
One booking covers parent and child.
What will I learn?
· What assistive technology (AT) is.
· Advice on using your computer well to make best use of your Assistive Technology.
· About free reading features on the iPad and on Android devices
· Apps on the iPad and Android devices to help with reading and capturing text from hard copy.
· About a free reading programs for the reading text aloud in a variety of languages (including Irish).
· To adapt the screen to make text more readable.
· To make a sound file (MP3 ) of text (e.g. physics definitions, poetry).
· To use Immersive Reader.
· To use Speechify.
· To use free reading features to assist with proofreading.
· To use free/built in speech-to-text:
· About using mind maps to plan/structure written work.
· How to get access to electronic learning materials and texts.
· How to claim VAT back on AT and associated IT.
· About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route)
Registration for Parents: Parents will have to register an account on www.cesc.ie before booking their place. The parents can choose the 'Parent' option as their registration type when registering.
A link to access the course will be emailed to you prior to the course.
Please note, the fee for this course is non-refundable. By booking a place you agree to these terms.
|Course Start Date / Time||02-10-2021 10:00 am|
|Course End Date / Time||02-10-2021 3:30 pm|