Announcing a wonderful opportunity for Artists (all art forms/creative practises) / Creative Practitioners to broaden their practice, receive training and project fees, develop creative partnerships with teachers, and transform the lives of children in every County in Ireland
CALL OUT FOR ARTISTS / CREATIVE PRACTITIONERS for 3rd to 7th July 2023
The TEACHER-ARTIST PARTNERSHIP+ CPD programme (TAP+)
is a Creative Ireland, Department of Education led and approved Summer Course offering:
FULLY PAID TRAINING AND IN-SCHOOL RESIDENCY OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS / CREATIVE PRACTITIONERS
TO WORK WITHIN PRIMARY SCHOOL SETTINGS & AND DEVELOP PARTNERSHIPS WITH CREATIVE TEACHERS
- Open to artists / creative practitioners, working in any art form / creative practise, who are committed to sharing their practice with children and teachers in a modern primary school environment
- Specialist, week-long training (3rd – 7th July 2023 based in Gaelscoil Uí Ríordáin to prepare the artist / creative practitioner for the unique requirements of working harmoniously in partnership with a teacher within the modern Irish classroom
- A training allowance of €150 per day over the initial 5-day training/induction week (€750 in total), plus travel with daily lunch provided.
- Brokerage and development of partnerships with creative teachers, in schools committed to contemporary arts learning, practice and creativity.
- Guarantee of a paid, follow up in-school-residency within a local primary school (€1,100 Fee total inclusive of €200 Travel) to carry out a 20-hour project (14 contact hours plus 6 hours planning, preparation and evaluation) in partnership with your teacher partner throughout the 2023/2024 academic year
- Artists / Creative Practitioners are required to complete at least one or two TAP+ in-school Residencies following participation on the TAP+ Summer Course.
- As you will be a TAP+ trained artist/creative practitioner, you will also be eligible to participate in the forthcoming 2023/2024 BLAST in-school residencies. If you are available, we would be obliged if you could complete at least one or two BLAST in-school Residencies. Please use the following link for more information on the BLAST initiative: BLAST Information
- Information, learning and networking opportunities for further freelance work within the education system.
Artists / Creative Practitioners must
· have a track record of a minimum of three years’ professional practice in any art form / creative practise
· demonstrate an interest in / commitment to: the principles of Arts and Creativity in Education and to enhancing the lives of children through arts/creative practice
· be willing to learn about modern classroom culture and to work in equal partnership with teachers
· Combine a sense of fun, joy and collaboration with professional dedication and high artistic/creative vision
· Be willing to undertake child protection training as part of the induction week, and undergo standard Garda vetting before taking up project placements.
Artists / Creative Practitioners can apply to be part of the scheme via expressions of interest along with an application. These should be sent to the Director of your local Education Support Centre: https://www.esci.ie/ no later than 5pm on Friday 23rd June 2023.
Expressions of interest should be in the form of a letter of max 600 words, accompanied by a CV or short Bio with links to images or samples of relevant work.
The letter should set out:
1. Where you trained
2. A very brief description of your practice
3. Why you might wish to work in partnership with a teacher and with children in a school setting
4. What you think qualifies you to take up this opportunity